Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Freelance Writers, Rethink Textbroker

When I first became interested in writing SEO articles in 2008, I didn't know where to begin. I had heard that a significant amount of income could be earned writing web content, but I was unsure as to which companies were legitimate and which were not. Textbroker.com was the first content mill to which I had applied. My writing sample surely wasn't the best, but within a few days, I had received a welcome email and I was allowed to begin working on assignments.

For quite some time, I had not attempted to claim any articles on Textbroker.com, simply due to the fact that I had read some forum posts discussing the low rate of pay for new writers. My account sat there inactive for months until, after joining another work at home type of forum, I began to read many positive reviews of Textbroker.com. Other freelance writers, who had worked their way up in ranks were now rated at a Level 5, which is the highest level a writer can earn at Textbroker.com, and earning .05 per word.

Textbroker.com may not pay as high a rate as some other content mills when you first begin to claim articles. It's all dependent on your submitted writing sample and the writing level you are assigned by an editor. Articles are reviewed after every five submissions and you have the opportunity to advance to higher levels, thus earning additional income. The staff and editors there are friendly and more than helpful. They really are a great group and are willing to assist new writers in improving their craft.

Textbroker.com is a wonderful place to get your feet wet if you are new to writing content for the internet. I recommend anyone interested in freelance writing to sign up on the website. Also, please visit their blog, which can be accessed via a link on the bottom of their home page.

No comments:

Post a Comment